If you think that you are a candidate for a program in your state, the only way to know for sure is by seeing a doctor and being evaluated so that you can get your medical marijuana recommendation. You can’t just buy a card, or hold onto a doctor’s note and think that you are protected.
If you loved this article and you would like to receive details about best dispensary near me assure visit the web page.
All of the states that have legalized medical marijuana have created medical cannabis cards to track patients who are using this medicine lawfully. The only way that you are legally protected is by holding a valid medical cannabis card that has been issued by the state in which you reside, after your doctor has seen you and recommended you for medicinal marijuana for your medical situation. How to obtain a Card is an important step you have to follow here.
Top Five Things to Know About Medical Cannabis
There are some important things that you should be aware of with regards to medical marijuana. To better help you be as prepared as possible, here are the top five things to know about it before you get your medical cannabis card.
1. Medical cards are only issued in 15 states and in DC – check with your state to find out if yours is on the list.
2. You can’t get a prescription for marijuana, only a card that offers you legal protection in your state and affords you access to marijuana dispensaries.
3. It’s illegal to drive or operate machinery when using this; the laws are same with regards to alcohol use.
4. Getting a Medical Cannabis Card is only valid for a year after it has been issued, then it must be renewed.
5. Your medical cannabis card is only valid for the state in which it was issued, no other states, even if they have a medical cannabis program.
Checklist for Your Medical Cannabis Appointment
Once you have made an appointment to be evaluated for a Medical recommendation by a doctor, there are some things that you will want to make sure that you bring along with you. This way you are as best prepared as is possible, and you can ensure that your appointment goes as smoothly as anticipated. Make sure to take some notes on these important items that you should bring with you, prior to your appointment. Also, if you are seeing a new doctor, don’t forget to bring along your medical history so that they can review it while examining you for a medical marijuana evaluation.
Photo ID/Proof of Identification: Make sure that you bring any of the following to your appointment to provide proof of your identity: current and valid state driver’s license or current and valid state ID card, current military issued ID card, passport, and proof of residency (current utility bill, mortgage statement or bank statement, etc.).
Medical History: This includes any recent medical records that you have, any prescriptions that you are currently using, any test results including X-rays or blood work, and information about your most current doctor.